We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Equipment Lubrication Specialist
The Equipment Lubrication Specialist ensures that gearboxes, chains, sprockets, and numerous other components throughout Publix’s manufacturing facilities and warehouses are well lubricated and in proper operating order.
- Performs lubrication duties throughout Publix’s manufacturing facilities and warehouses.
- Repairs equipment; e.g., replaces grease fittings that are missing or nonoperational, replaces or installs vent plugs on gear boxes, or aligns chains and sprockets.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
- Ability to demonstrate safe work habits.
- Ability to climb ladders, tank ladders, and stairs with items needed to perform work duties.
- Ability to obtain license to operate a forklift.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a clean workstation.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to work any shift, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Ability to make an observation sheet to record equipment inspections.
- Ability to frequently lift over 50 pounds.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.