Facts & Figures
Here are a few facts about our company.
- We were founded in 1930 in Winter Haven, Florida, by George W. Jenkins.
- We are the largest employee-owned company in the United States.
- We are one of the 10 largest-volume supermarket chains in the country.
- Our retail sales in 2019 reached 38.1 billion.
- Currently, we employ over 220,000 people.
- We've received numerous awards for being a great place to shop and work.
. . . and these are our Southeast locations.
1,253 Store Locations
- Alabama (78 stores)
- Florida (814 stores)
- Georgia (189 stores)
- North Carolina (47 stores)
- South Carolina (62 stores)
- Tennessee (46 stores)
- Virginia (17 stores)
9 Distribution Centers
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Sarasota, Florida
- Lakeland, Florida
- Dacula, Georgia
- McCalla, Alabama
11 Manufacturing Facilities
- Atlanta, Georgia (bakery plant)
- Deerfield Beach, Florida (dairy plant, fresh foods)
- Jacksonville, Florida (fresh foods)
- Lakeland, Florida (bakery plant, dairy plant, deli kitchen, fresh foods, printing services)
- Dacula, Georgia (dairy plant, fresh foods)