Facts & Figures
Here are a few facts about our company.
- We were founded in 1930 in Winter Haven, Florida, by George W. Jenkins.
- We are the largest employee-owned company in the United States.
- We are one of the 10 largest-volume supermarket chains in the country.
- Our retail sales in 2021 reached $48 billion.
- Currently, we employ over 230,000 people.
- We've received numerous awards for being a great place to shop and work.
. . . and these are our Southeast locations.
1,305 store locations
- Alabama (83 stores)
- Florida (836 stores)
- Georgia (197 stores)
- North Carolina (51 stores)
- South Carolina (66 stores)
- Tennessee (53 stores)
- Virginia (19 stores)
10 distribution centers
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Sarasota, Florida
- Lakeland, Florida
- McCalla, Alabama
- Dacula, Georgia
- Greensboro, North Carolina
10 manufacturing facilities
- Atlanta, Georgia (Bakery plant)
- Dacula, Georgia (Dairy plant)
- Deerfield Beach, Florida (Dairy plant, Fresh Foods)
- Lakeland, Florida (Bakery plant, Dairy plant, Deli Kitchen, Fresh Foods, Printing Services)
- Orlando, Florida (Produce Snacks)