Does Publix hire many external candidates for its Corporate offices?
Publix has a strong commitment to its associates, and we always prefer to promote from within. However, when an external candidate appears to be a better fit for a specific opening than an internal candidate, we will hire the external candidate.
Will I be contacted after submitting an application?
Once you apply for a Corporate, IT, Distribution, or Manufacturing position, you’ll receive a confirmation email, and a second email letting you know whether you meet initial required qualifications. Some candidates will receive an email inviting them to take an online clerical test. This email will include a test key that must be used within 48 hours if the candidate is to be further considered.
How can I get an interview if I am interested in a position at your Corporate office?
Start by applying for one of our Current Openings. We typically receive 100 or more applications for each opening and invite 5 – 10 people to interview. If you do not receive an invitation, please consider other openings with our company.
What is the atmosphere at the Corporate offices like?
We are the largest privately held supermarket chain and the largest employee-owned company in the nation, and we continue to grow. Our sense of ownership translates into a work environment where our many support associates, all working toward the same goal of continuing to provide premier customer service, are like a close-knit family. Our on-site cafeteria, which offers free hot lunches, provides a great environment for catching up with others on a daily basis.
What do you expect of someone who is invited to join your company?
Publix is a leader in the supermarket industry because our owner-associates have high standards and take pride in what they do. As you might expect, they prefer to work with others who have high standards as well, and who recognize that putting in hard work is well worth the effort. Therefore, to maintain our leadership position and positive morale, we strive to hire people who are:
- Passionate about delivering premier customer service
- Driven to make things better for Publix and the communities we serve
- Energized by teamwork
- Motivated to think like owners
- Honest, dependable, and respectful of others and of Publix property
- Dedicated to cleanliness and other best practices in food safety
- Committed to keeping up with company communications and important industry trends
- Professional in their speech and actions
- Willing to do hard work to get the job done (for salaried associates, that means typically working at least 45 hours a week).