We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Cake Decorator Apprentice (or Trainee)
In this entry-level job, Cake Decorator Apprentices (or Trainees) learn to create beautiful cakes, pies, and other desserts. They work closely with customers and attach a smile to every interaction. This training helps them to grow into a career as a Publix Cake Decorator.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Ices, decorates, packages, labels, and prices products for island refrigerator cases.
- Fills customer special orders, including wedding cakes.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Operates the Bakery department mixer.
- Follows Publix’s guidelines for cake decorators and maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation.
- Organizes and rotates stock in the Decorator’s freezer.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Cake Decorator Apprentices perform their duties primarily in the Bakery department. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and environments. Work involves walking, standing, and lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds. Duties also include repetitive arm and hand movements and hand-squeezing for at least 85 percent of the work day, as well as interacting with customers and fellow associates.
Apply now on our online Talent Application Gateway.