Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Clerks offer guidance to Publix associates who are experiencing emotional, psychological or physical crises. They facilitate correspondence and communication with counseling services, the associates and their managers. Without our EAP Clerks, these crises might further endanger the health, well-being, job performance and career advancement of these associates. Our EAP Clerks also process criminal background checks and drug screening associated with our employment process. Their work helps Publix maintain its policy of hiring drug-free, socially responsible associates.
Qualifications we look for
- Ability to deal well with others under stressful situations
- Working knowledge of Excel and Access
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of substance abuse policies
- Knowledge of group health benefits
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol testing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize all assigned tasks
- Attention to detail
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Human Resources from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.