A Produce Clerk’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Filling and rotating produce cases and dry tables
- Unloading product from trucks
- Dynamically selling product by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Breaking down pallets, separating produce for sales floor, cooler and/or back room prep area
- Processing and/or wrapping produce items prior to filling cases and dry tables
- Verifying ads, hanging current sale signs, and removing out-of-date sale signs
- Performing routine price changes on products
- Processing “Value Added Items” for Produce Specialty section
- Operating pallet jack, scissor lift, baler, compactor and scrub machine
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
Qualifications we look for
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 16 years of age or older but 18 or older to use sharp knives, use ladders, scaffolds or their substitutes above 6 feet in height, and to operate or assist in operating power-driven machinery or equipment
- Able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- Able to read, write, and do simple math problems
- Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions
Preferred: The preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- Previous experience at Publix
- A passion for serving people
A Produce Clerk's duties are performed primarily in the sales, prep and back door receiving area. A Produce Clerk may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work includes eye-hand coordination, repetitive arm and hand movements, safe use of knives and pineapple corer, along with frequent interaction with customers and associates.
How to apply
To apply for a retail position at Publix, please complete an application using our Job Application Center, an automated kiosk located in the front of each store. A completed Publix application is required to be considered for employment.
After you complete the application, you can notify the Store Manager of your interest in a career with Publix. You can tell the manager that you have a current application and provide any details about your skills and experience. He or she can let you know if there are any current job openings in their store or other local Publix stores.
When an application is processed through the Job Application Center, other stores in the area may also view it. For more information about stores in your area, use our Store Locator.