Publix leaders honored with company’s most prestigious award
LAKELAND, Fla., Dec. 2, 2021 — Last night, Publix Super Markets recognized 12 leaders with the George W. Jenkins Award during a dinner celebration. The award — named after Publix’s late founder — was presented to seven store managers, three recently promoted district managers and two support leaders who exemplify leadership, perpetuate the Publix culture and demonstrate commitment to our founder's vision.
The 2020 recipients are
- Store Manager Tim Bismarck, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Store Manager Don Bridwell Sr., North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Store Manager Tom Stelzer, Lake Mary, Florida
- District Manager Mackenzie Mast (previously store manager in Sarasota, Florida)
- Store Manager Brian Aten, Miami and
- Lakeland Warehouse Operations Manager Bill Pelham.
The 2021 recipients are
- Store Manager Janella Long, Vestavia Hills, Alabama
- District Manager Mike Skehan (previously store manager in Lexington, South Carolina)
- Store Manager Kerri Tubbs, Orlando, Florida
- Store Manager David Sutton, Plant City, Florida
- District Manager James Saul (previously store manager in Boca Raton, Florida) and
- Director of IT Application Delivery Terry Walden.
“We’re proud to celebrate this extraordinary group of associates,” said Publix CEO Todd Jones. “Their accomplishments and contributions to our company continue to perpetuate our Publix culture and carry on Mr. George’s legacy.”
* Subject to Publix’s Media Use Policy. Editorial use only. Content remains the property of Publix and will be removed in Publix’s discretion. All rights reserved.
|George W. Jenkins Award||Download*|