Publix Bakery Pies Bring Home Blue Ribbons
LAKELAND, Fla., April 19, 2018 – The Publix Bakery joined amateur pie makers, professional bakers and chefs, and commercial pie companies from around the country and Canada at the American Pie Council National Pie Championships April 6 – 7. This year, seven Publix pies brought home blue ribbons in their respective categories.
- Apple Pie — Family: Traditional Apple (repeat winner)
- Coconut Custard Pie — Family: Baked Dairy
- Mini Mango Key Lime Pie — 6” Single: Citrus
- Mini Toasted Coconut Cream Pie — 6” Single: Open Cream
- NSA Pumpkin Pie — Family/No Sugar Added: Pumpkin
- Original Key Lime Pie — Premium: Key lime (repeat winner)
- Small Blueberry Pie — 6” Single: Fruit & Berry
Many other Publix pies — like Cherry, Mixed Berry, Peach Cobbler and Dutch Apple — have won past championship awards. With each blue ribbon comes bragging rights for a year. Publix customers will soon see a blue ribbon sticker on each award-winning pie.
|Pies with first place blue ribbons in the background||Download*|