Publix is proud of our accomplishments as a caring employer, industry leader, and member of the community.
The quality of our associates distinguishes Publix from our competitors. We're proud to reward them for their dedication.
Core Benefits for All Eligible Associates
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost to them
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately held stock
- Annual holiday cash bonus
- All hourly associates are paid weekly
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Free flu shots
- Direct deposit in up to three separate checking or savings accounts
- Credit union membership
- Tuition reimbursement
- Service awards
- Employee assistance program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunity to participate annually in a survey to let management know your opinion on a wide range of workplace quality issues
Additional Benefits for Eligible Full-Time Associates
- Vacation pay
- Six paid holidays
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
- Bereavement pay
- Jury duty pay
- Long-term disability plan
- Holiday exchange (select another day off when you work a holiday)
Other Financial Assistance
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition assistance for interns from certified culinary schools
- Job class training provides every new store associate with structured, on-the-job training facilitated by a designated expert within the associate's department, as well as a reference library for ongoing support.
- Formal mentoring programs are available for new retail managers and new support staff associates. These programs emphasize the importance of continuous learning and allow us to pass on our Publix culture to those new to our company or new to management.
- Ongoing development occurs throughout the year as associates receive targeted training related to new initiatives Publix implements that update the way an associate performs the job.
- Leadership development programs provide the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully fulfill the role of managing and leading others. Examples of topics included in our leadership programs include mastering effective communication, exploring leadership styles, handling conflict resolution, and coaching others to success.
- Technical and operational training programs are provided to ensure our managers are proficient in the technical and business aspects of managing their departments. Examples include a national food safety training and certification program, CPR/AED, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens, store accounting/profit and loss, and department-specific business operations training courses.
- All associates have access to a library of books, videos, and CDs that support personal development and growth. These materials support areas such as building effective relationships, focusing on self-improvement, driving results and increasing productivity, making decisions, planning strategy, promoting change, and managing talent.
More courses are under development.
- Free, hot lunches, served buffet style for corporate, manufacturing, and distribution associates who work at facilities that have a cafeteria
- Discounts on goods and services, including computers and electronics, wireless phones, security systems, vehicles, roadside assistance, hotels, cruises, movies, theme parks, jewelry, athletic shoes, books, home loans, tax preparation, and identity theft protection
- Business casual attire at most non-store locations
- Free parking