We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Production Assistant Department Manager
Publix’s Production Assistant Department Managers ensure that production goals are safely and effectively achieved.
- Plans and carries out Publix’s food production operations.
- Coordinates across operations to ensure that daily business and production needs are met.
- Monitors product quality, including proper labeling.
- Ensures compliance with food safety standards and personal safety rules and regulations.
- Supervises production associates and mentors these associates in such areas as communication, technical skills, and working relationships.
- Participates in regulatory and in-house plant audits, such as annual third-party audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Certified Food Safety Manager certification.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Experience with mentoring.
- SQF certification.
- HACCP certification.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Publix safety guidelines.
- Ability to motivate and inspire.
- Willingness to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel overnight or on extended trips which may or may not include air travel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to encourage participation, learning, innovation, and creativity within individual associates and teams.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.
We work closely with employment agencies to hire temporary associates for several entry-level positions in our manufacturing facilities. We work with Adecco for our Lakeland facilities, and Randstad in Atlanta. Feel free to visit their sites to learn more about applying for a temporary position. As a temporary hire, you could eventually be eligible for full-time employment if a position is available.