We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Our Industrial Engineers work to save Publix money by improving processes and creating workflow methods for manufacturing that are productive yet cost effective.
- Analyzes results of current manufacturing processes to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Develops production process requirements, including standards for setup, changeovers, and operations and amount of time required.
- Determines the optimal workflow—accounting for the product, manufacturing equipment used, and associate performing the task—to create an efficient, cost-effective process.
- Documents, standardizes, and implements new best practices.
- Provides business guidance and industrial engineering expertise to manufacturing plant managers.
- Provides industrial engineering expertise to project teams.
- Troubleshoots complex process issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or a related field.
- At least one year as an industrial engineer or two years providing analytical analysis or manufacturing based support with demonstrated ability to perform exceptional process improvement work.
- Knowledge of food processing technology and automation systems—needed to design improvements for projects.
- Knowledge of statistics—needed to analyze historical sales and production data.
- Knowledge of ergonomics—needed to analyze worker-environment interactions.
- Knowledge of time study methods and analysis—needed to establish production standards.
- Knowledge of process flow analysis methods—needed to determine effective material and process flow for ease of manufacturing.
- Knowledge of linear systems and operations research methods—needed to determine optimal use of assets.
- Interpersonal skills—needed to interact with all levels of the organization in formal and informal settings.
- Oral and written communication skills—needed to document procedural changes effectively.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to manipulate data and develop detailed models using Microsoft Access and Excel, and provide detailed analysis and reporting.
- Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and routinely meet project deadlines.
- Presentation skills—needed to prepare and present fact-based data to many levels of management.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.
We work closely with employment agencies to hire temporary associates for several entry-level positions in our manufacturing facilities. We work with Adecco for our Lakeland facilities, and Randstad in Atlanta. Feel free to visit their sites to learn more about applying for a temporary position. As a temporary hire, you could eventually be eligible for full-time employment if a position is available.