We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Ice Cream Freezer Operator
Wouldn’t you love to be responsible for producing one of the most popular products we make? If so, consider becoming an Ice Cream Freezer Operator!
- Ensures that sauces and ingredients in Publix brand ice creams have the right appearance and distribution in the carton.
- Tastes ice cream every 15 minutes of a production run to ensure consistent, delicious flavor.
- Works with other team members to monitor the production line for issues.
- Keeps the work area clean and sanitized.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment to keep it working properly.
- Experience in an ice cream production operation.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience with touchscreen control systems.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in accordance with good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work any shift, including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Ability to obtain a forklift license and operate a forklift.
- Ability to work with industrial-strength chemicals.
- Ability to demonstrate safe working habits.
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work in a wet, slippery environment.
- General knowledge of machine operation.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.
We work closely with employment agencies to hire temporary associates for several entry-level positions in our manufacturing facilities. We work with Adecco for our Lakeland facilities, and Randstad in Atlanta. Feel free to visit their sites to learn more about applying for a temporary position. As a temporary hire, you could eventually be eligible for full-time employment if a position is available.