We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Bindery Basic Equipment Operator
Publix has its own Printing Services business unit to produce merchandising materials for our stores. Our Bindery Equipment Operators help produce these printed products.
- Manufactures and packages promotional materials, such as sale signs and tags that advertise product prices.
- Sets up bindery machines according to the specifications of each job run.
- Hand-trims signs mounted on various types of base materials, such as Foamcore, PVC, and Twincote, to meet exact sizes specified on print job instruction sheets.
- Stacks finished product and shrink-wraps it to be distributed to Publix stores.
- Reports production rates, such as how long the job took to complete and materials consumed, using a data collection system.
- Experience using bindery machinery.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and comprehend production specification sheets.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.
We work closely with employment agencies to hire temporary associates for several entry-level positions in our manufacturing facilities. We work with Adecco for our Lakeland facilities, and Randstad in Atlanta. Feel free to visit their sites to learn more about applying for a temporary position. As a temporary hire, you could eventually be eligible for full-time employment if a position is available.