Systems Engineers deliver new and improved systems by developing solutions for applications, infrastructure, databases, and security. Systems Engineers also develop and document requirements and design for system components, including hardware, software, application, database, and security. They do this by meeting with internal business units to understand and model system requirements and by translating requirements into system design. To ensure that production systems are stable, secure, and available, Systems Engineers monitor and tune for optimal performance. Additionally, Systems Engineers provide leadership and work prioritization for all aspects of small to moderately sized projects. They also mentor and train junior level IT associates, as well as, research new technologies and techniques.
Qualifications we look for
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or analytical discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least three years of experience implementing, supporting and migrating Windows server operating systems
- Experience with multiple hardware vendor platforms to include HP and IBM
- Experience with various systems management tools to include SCCM, SCVMM, ESX VMWare Console, HP ILO, and IBM IMM
- Experience with a broad range of server-based technologies including Active Directory, IIS, Citrix, Apache, Virtualization and others
- Experience working in a process structured environment which includes Change Management and Disaster Recovery Preparedness
- Knowledge of functional and operational practices necessary to operate in a highly available, highly secure and highly regulated environment to meet business and compliance requirements
- Experience leading small to medium projects from requirements through implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Sense of urgency and ownership
- High degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity
- Ability to work well with others and to be a team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Information Systems from the Job Category list. Your résumé will go directly to the Information Systems hiring team and you'll be contacted if you're selected for an interview.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.