We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Engineers develop and support moderately complex systems and architecture initiatives to maximize their value.
Systems Engineers deliver new and improved systems by developing solutions for applications, infrastructure, databases, and security. Systems Engineers also develop and document requirements and design for system components, including hardware, software, application, database, and security. They do this by meeting with internal business units to understand and model system requirements and by translating requirements into system design. To ensure that production systems are stable, secure, and available, Systems Engineers monitor and tune for optimal performance. Additionally, Systems Engineers provide leadership and work prioritization for all aspects of small to moderately sized projects. They also mentor and train junior level IT associates, as well as, research new technologies and techniques.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or analytical discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least three years of experience implementing, supporting and migrating Windows server operating systems
- Experience with multiple hardware vendor platforms to include HP and IBM
- Experience with various systems management tools to include SCCM, SCVMM, ESX VMWare Console, HP ILO, and IBM IMM
- Experience with a broad range of server-based technologies including Active Directory, IIS, Citrix, Apache, Virtualization and others
- Experience working in a process structured environment which includes Change Management and Disaster Recovery Preparedness
- Knowledge of functional and operational practices necessary to operate in a highly available, highly secure and highly regulated environment to meet business and compliance requirements
- Experience leading small to medium projects from requirements through implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Sense of urgency and ownership
- High degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity
- Ability to work well with others and to be a team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work