We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
SQA Test Analyst
By performing test execution across all Information Technology projects, the SQA Test Analysts ensure high-quality technology solutions for Publix, such as infrastructure, software, and middleware.
SQA Test Analysts execute test scripts with varying levels of complexity, and across different software versions and devices. On small technology projects, the SQA Test Analysts have a deeper involvement with the process. They review project requirements and high level system designs, while also deriving test strategies and test plans in order to effectively test the solution. The Analysts set up the test environment and verify the success of the results. This involves communicating across project teams to build the test hardware and software. To do this effectively, the Analysts also review system requirements and specifications to ensure that project deliverables are free from ambiguity and properly define the testing requirements. SQA Test Analysts also maintain and update test scripts and test cases for systems by assigning test case defects to the Analyst responsible for providing ongoing updates of test cases.
The SQA Test Analysts work on many different initiatives and serve on various teams. Here are a few examples of the types of projects our Analysts work on:
- To test problem fixes and enhancements to the Publix Fuel System.
- To run tests regarding the stabilization and maintenance of the configuration management system used to support Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, a related analytical field or equivalent experience
- At least two years of experience with software testing concepts, system functionality and/or retail systems
- Knowledge of testing environments and experience following testing standards
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and programming
- Ability to understand software testing concepts and system functionality
- Ability to learn our testing environments and follow standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to create Test Plans and Test Summaries
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and to be a team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, pride in work