We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Our Refrigeration Technicians service ammonia refrigeration systems in our warehouses and manufacturing facilities to maintain a climate-controlled environment and keep foods and beverages fresh. We periodically have openings for Refrigeration Technicians in Atlanta and Dacula, Georgia and in four Florida locations—Deerfield Beach, Jacksonville, Lakeland, and Orlando. Starting pay rates depend on a technician’s knowledge and experience. Future pay increases are based on performance.
- Performs systematic preventive maintenance, incorporating industry best practices.
- Troubleshoots issues with and repairs all mechanical and HVAC electrical equipment.
Qualifications differ depending on the specific equipment in each facility and the particular position’s level of responsibility. In general, the following qualifications are preferred.
- Experience with 480VAC 3 phase motor control systems.
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration maintenance and troubleshooting electrical and PLC control systems.
- Practice in safe work habits.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Dedication to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methods.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to safely replace mechanical and electrical components, including motors, motor starters, switches, solenoids, pumps, refrigeration valves, and compressors.
- Ability to respond to unplanned breakdowns with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting techniques.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.