Refrigeration Technicians perform systematic preventive maintenance that incorporates industry best practices. They also troubleshoot and repair all mechanical and HVAC electrical equipment. Without our Refrigeration Technicians, Manufacturing couldn't produce the volume and quality of products needed to serve our customers. Periodically, we have openings for Refrigeration Technicians in our Lakeland, FL and Lawrenceville and Atlanta, GA locations. Starting pay rates depend on a technician's knowledge and experience. Future pay increases are based on performance.
Qualifications we look for
The required qualifications differ depending on the specific equipment in each facility. They also differ depending on the level of responsibility for a particular position. We prefer to hire individuals who have work experience in a highly-automated manufacturing plant.
In general, however, most of our Refrigeration Technicians must be:
- experienced with 480VAC 3 phase motor control systems
- experienced in ammonia refrigeration maintenance and trouble-shooting electrical and PLC control systems
- practiced in safe work habits
- a team player with obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
- self-starters dedicated to continuous quality improvement
- proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- able to safely replace mechanical and electrical components including motors, motor starters, switches, solenoids, pumps, refrigeration valves, and compressors
- able to respond to unplanned breakdowns with a sense of urgency and
- able to demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting techniques.
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Industrial Maintenance, Manufacturing, or Distribution from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.