We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Our Manufacturing Maintenance Technicians keep the equipment in our manufacturing facilities—including highly-automated systems—in working order. We continually have openings for Maintenance Technicians in our Bakery, dairy, and Deli plants, and in Printing Services. These facilities are in the Atlanta, Georgia area and in three Florida locations—Deerfield Beach, Jacksonville, and Lakeland. Starting pay rates depend on a technician’s knowledge and experience. Future pay increases are performance-based.
- Performs systematic preventive maintenance that incorporates industry best practices.
- Provides quick, effective repairs as necessary.
Qualifications differ depending on the specific equipment in each facility and the particular position’s level of responsibility. In general, the following qualifications are preferred.
- Proficiency in electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings.
- Experience with PLC controllers and process instrumentation.
- Practice with safe work habits.
- Ability to work well with others as an effective team member.
- Dedication to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methods.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.