We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Lift Truck Maintenance Technician
Associates who work in Publix’s warehouses use lift trucks to move pallets and cases. Our Lift Truck Maintenance Technicians perform preventive maintenance and repairs to keep this equipment operating properly and safely. This ensures that trucks can be loaded and depart on time to keep our stores stocked with the products they need.
- Diagnoses and performs mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic repairs on a variety of powered industrial equipment, including Publix’s lift trucks (also known as forklifts).
- Uses hand tools and computerized testing equipment to locate and repair areas of concern.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals to perform job duties.
- Routinely checks items such as hydraulic fluid levels, tire pressure, condition of forks, drive control, steering, and brakes for maintenance purposes.
- Uses a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to generate and process maintenance repair orders.
Qualifications differ depending on the specific equipment in each facility and the particular position’s level of responsibility. In general, the following qualifications are preferred.
- Strong understanding of hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical theory, including DC power circuits, motor controls, and electronic control systems.
- Experience in industrial powered equipment mechanical maintenance and diagnostic knowledge of powered industrial equipment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Ability to generate and process work using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.