We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Publix Electricians maintain safe, functional electrical wiring and electronic components for our manufacturing and warehouse facilities.
- Performs electrical wiring duties for our manufacturing plants and warehouse facilities, as well as the food production machinery and distribution-related equipment within those facilities.
- Installs new electrical components and repairs and maintains existing industrial electrical and electronic components.
- Works according to company policy, the National Electric Code, and federal, state, and local building codes.
- Uses repair manuals, factory specifications, blueprints, schematics, and previous knowledge of electrical and electronic components to perform job duties.
- Uses a wide range of tools and instruments, including conduit benders, wire tracers, voltage indicators, and cable cutters.
- Work experience as an electrician.
- Journeyman’s license.
- State license to pull permits for new electrical installations.
- Extensive knowledge of AC and DC circuits and related components.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams of motors and motor controls, energy management systems, fire protection system circuits, lighting, and lighting controls.
- Ability to use electrical testing and measuring instruments.
- Ability to generate and process work using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Ability to supply and maintain hand tools to accomplish daily duties.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Ability to read, write, and solve math problems.
- Ability to interpret, follow, and communicate instructions.
- Ability to work well with others as an effective team member.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.