Our Electricians perform electrical wiring for our manufacturing plants and warehouse facilities, as well as the food production machinery and distribution-related equipment within those facilities. They install new electrical components and also work to maintain or repair industrial electrical and electronic components. The Electricians work according to company policy, the National Electric Code, and federal, state, and local building codes. They also use repair manuals, factory specifications, blueprints, schematics, and his or her own knowledge of industrial electrical and electronic components. Furthermore, the Electricians use a wide range of tools and instruments. Those tools include conduit benders, wire tracers, voltage indicators, and cable cutters, just to name a few.
Qualifications we look for
- Work experience as an electrician
- Journeyman's license
- State licensed to pull permits for new electrical installations
- Extensive knowledge of A.C. and D.C. circuits and related components
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Knowledge of electrical schematic and wiring diagram interpretation of motors and motor controls, energy management systems, fire protection system circuits, lighting and lighting controls
- Ability to use all electrical testing and measuring instruments
- Ability to generate and process work on a computerized maintenance-management system (CMMS)
- Ability to supply and maintain hand tools to accomplish daily duties
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals
- Ability to read, write, and solve math problems
- Ability to interpret, understand, follow and communicate instructions
- Ability to work well with others and be a strong team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Industrial Maintenance, Manufacturing, or Distribution from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.