We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Distribution Maintenance Technician
Our Distribution Maintenance Technicians keep our warehouse equipment—including highly automated systems—in working order. We continually have openings for Maintenance Technicians in our high velocity, low velocity, dairy/boxed meat, and frozen food warehouse facilities. These facilities are in the Atlanta, Georgia area; McCalla, Alabama; and seven Florida locations—Boynton Beach, Deerfield Beach, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Miami, Orlando, and Sarasota. Starting pay rates depend on a technician’s knowledge and experience. Future pay increases are based on performance.
- Performs systematic preventive maintenance that incorporates industry best practices.
- Makes quick, effective repairs as necessary.
Qualifications differ depending on the specific equipment in each facility and the particular position’s level of responsibility. In general, the following qualifications are preferred.
- Proficiency in electro mechanics, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings.
- Experience with PLC controllers and process instrumentation.
- Practice in safe work habits.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
- Dedication to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methods.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.