Building Maintenance Mechanics are experts with plumbing and industrial equipment, as well as three phase AC/DC power circuits which are used to power the warehouses. The Mechanics read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals. They use this information to repair and adjust machines or devices, install new equipment, and perform carpentry, welding and cutting. Furthermore, they use a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to generate and process the maintenance repairs performed.
Qualifications we look for
The required qualifications differ somewhat depending on the specific equipment in each facility. They also differ depending on the level of responsibility for a particular position. In general, however, most of our Building Maintenance Mechanics must have:
- a strong understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical theory, including three phase power, A.C. and D.C. power circuits, motor controls and programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- experience in building/industrial maintenance or a related trade
- knowledge of warehouse plumbing, ARC, MIG, and GAS welding and cutting
- ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals
- carpentry skills
- capability of generating and processing work on a computerized maintenance-management system
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Industrial Maintenance, Manufacturing, or Distribution from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.