We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Our Cooks prepare free hot, buffet-style meals for Publix associates in facilities with cafeterias.
- Prepares ingredients and cooks a wide variety of entrées.
- Ensures that cooking and serving methods meet Publix’s standards for safety and quality, and that food is fresh and served at the proper temperature.
- At least 18 years of age (at least 19 years of age in Alabama).
- Experience cooking in an environment where a variety of entrées are offered and a variety of methods are used (e.g., a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school).
- ServSafe Certification or equivalent certification before start date in the position.
- Knowledge of cooking principles.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.