We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Cafeteria Team Leader
Publix offers free hot, buffet-style meals to Corporate, Manufacturing, and Distribution associates who work at facilities with a cafeteria. The Cafeteria Team Leader ensures that food is prepared and served on time in a safe, sanitary environment.
- Ensures that meals are properly prepared, cooked, and served.
- Oversees cafeteria associates to encourage teamwork and safety awareness.
- At least 20 years of age.
- Experience cooking in an environment where a variety of entrées are offered and a variety of methods are used (e.g., a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school).
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- ServSafe Certification or equivalent certification before start date in the position.
- Knowledge of cooking principles.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the commercial kitchen, including dishwashing, food prep, cooking, baking, and cleaning.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.