Regional Leasing Specialist
Publix invests in real estate by purchasing some of the shopping centers where Publix stores are located, including adjacent tenant spaces and outparcels. Regional Leasing Specialists coordinate the search for tenants to lease spaces in these company-owned shopping centers.
Regional Leasing Specialists coordinate leasing and subleasing space from more than 100 Publix shopping centers and closed Publix stores. Each Specialist has an assigned geographical territory. They often travel to those areas to meet with new tenants, show spaces, and keep up with any changes in the trade area for the shopping center. If a potential tenant is interested in leasing a space, the Specialists evaluate the tenant's application, determine if the tenant conforms with the overall leasing strategy for the shopping center, and negotiate terms of the lease. The Specialists also handle renewal of leases for existing tenants whose leases are nearing expiration. In regard to closed stores, the Specialists sometimes negotiate a termination of the lease for a fraction of the overall obligation.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related field or equivalent knowledge
- Experience in real estate and management
- Knowledge of analytical techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis and comparing lease terms, lease term analysis, lease versus buy, and understanding the time value of money
- Knowledge of fundamental real estate terminology, methods, and processes
- Computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to think analytically
- Financial skills and the ability to understand trade-offs between rent and contributions to the Tenant's build-out costs
- Ability to understand how to read and interpret simple pro-forma operating statements and how they reflect value-creation
- Ability to speak persuasively in public
- Ability to negotiate and utilize negotiation techniques and strategies
- Ability to evaluate Business Tax Returns, P&L Statements, and other financial documents
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Real Estate from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.