We're proud to have been selected as one of Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 25 years in a row.
Government Relations Administrative Assistant
As our behind-the-scenes coordinator of lobbying, legislation, and the political action committee (PAC), the Government Relations Administrative Assistant provides crucial organization and assistance to Publix’s Government Relations department.
The Government Relations Administrative Assistant performs secretarial and administrative support for the Director of Government Relations and the Manager of Government Relations. These responsibilities include coordinating the completion of state and federal lobbying disclosure documents. Another important aspect of the Assistant’s position is to create and distribute correspondence to Publix officers and senior management, elected officials and associations, as well as, industry, community and business leaders. Additionally, the Assistant handles the payment of membership fees, professional fees, association dues and contributions, and also monitors and tracks the amounts for comparison with previous budgets, contributions, or payments. And, to assist in the administration of Publix’s PAC, the Assistant helps with reporting of PAC-related activities and coordinates the addition of new PAC members by logging new member information. Furthermore, the Assistant tracks other financials for the Director of Government Relations such as receipts, disbursement and expenditures and contribution. To assist with the grassroots network membership campaign, the Assistant helps develop and order materials for the campaign and recruit volunteers as needed.
Additional responsibilities of the Government Relations Administrative Assistant include:
- helping to maintain budgets for Government Relations,
- reviewing, sorting, and prioritizing incoming mail, email, and responding as appropriate,
- handling phone calls (providing information to callers as well as taking messages as needed),
- coordinating all travel including meetings, conferences, and associated activities,
- maintaining electronic and paper filing systems, including budgets, travel, supplies, and meeting information,
- scheduling and/or coordinating meetings and events, including events, tours with elected officials, meetings with Publix officers and senior management, government officials, state and federal associations, as well as industry, community and business leaders, and
- preparing invoices and expenses for payment.
- Three years of experience working with Microsoft Outlook, particularly Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively
- Ability to organize information effectively and accurately
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Analytical and research skills
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Public Affairs from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.