Customer Care Specialists generate responses to inquiries and comments received from Publix customers. When possible, the Specialists reply immediately to an inquiry by using prepared responses or tapping the appropriate information sources. They respond to customers verbally or in writing with correct information regarding product concerns, service levels, and policies. When Specialists are unable to provide resolution, they work to determine the appropriate reason, so they can use the escalation process to the appropriate leader.
Customer Care Specialists are also responsible for responding to the escalated tier of customer calls and quality assurance measures. This includes being a subject matter expert for certain assigned departments and developing department-specific training for Customer Care Agents as well as fellow Customer Care Specialists. The Specialists also develop new prepared customer responses, or review and recommend updated responses to the Manager of Customer Care.
Qualifications we look for
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations or social media experience
- Two years of experience in a call center environment OR 3 years of experience in a customer service field
- Knowledge of Publix culture, history, and philosophy
- Knowledge of Publix policies
- Knowledge of external and internal product information
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office software and Internet usage
- Ability to be customer focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Professional telephone etiquette and empathetic listening skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to complete tasks
- Ability to respond to customers with high degree of discretion
- For some openings, bilingual skills
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Public Affairs from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.