We're proud to have been selected as one of Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 25 years in a row.
Corporate Communications Developer
Our Corporate Communications Developers are experts in keeping our associates informed, from developing the strategy to implementing the final product. Whether through print or digital platforms or personalized or mass messages, our Developers are a key element in making these communication efforts successful.
The Corporate Communications Developers design strategies to meet project, department and company communication objectives. They develop ongoing associate communication, such as Publix News magazine, Publix News Live videos, and company emails used to inform associates of company strategy, initiatives and goals.
The Communications Developers also create content for publix.com and publix.org, department newsletters, news releases, company initiatives, change management and more. And, in preparation for conferences and public events, the Communications Developers help write speeches for company leaders to ensure the Publix brand, story and initiatives are clearly communicated.
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, or Business Communication or equivalent experience
- Four years of experience in the fields of Public Relations, Journalism, Integrated Marketing Communication, or Business Communication
- Certification/accreditation, such as Accredited in Public Relations (APR), Accredited in Business Communication (ABC), or Certified Public Relations Professional Counselor (CPRC)
- Experience in multimedia/electronic communication of benefits information or financial information
- Experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and interviewing skills
- Knowledge of the supermarket retail industry and business
- Knowledge of Publix’s history, community image, vision and mission statement
- Knowledge of publication styles, formats, and word-count allowances
- Knowledge of photographic design and elements
- Knowledge of Associated Press style
- Knowledge of printing process and terminology
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to edit and proofread communications accurately
- Ability to envision a final product structurally and graphically and communicate this to others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Public Affairs from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.