Publix's Loss Prevention and Safety Specialists keep managers informed of trends in criminal activity, assess conditions where potential exists for unnecessary shrink and unsafe behaviors and offer recommendations to prevent losses from occurring. The Specialists determine store-level risks and appropriate security strategies, such as closed circuit television systems (CCTV). They also enlist undercover security officers who look for shoplifters and uniformed officers who provide security. As needed, the Loss Prevention Specialists conduct investigations into associate thefts, bank discrepancies, external crimes and inventory shrink.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, or business related field
- Experience in managing people
- Loss Prevention Qualified or and/or Loss Prevention Certified designation
- Wicklander –Zulawski Interview and Interrogation Certification
- Experience in retail loss prevention, including conducting investigative interviews
- Experience in successfully leading projects to implementation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an excellent driving record
- Knowledge of loss prevention, security and risk management concepts
- Knowledge of retail processes such as cash handling, receiving, register transactions, office reconciliation, inventory control and related paperwork
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, including police operations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Access
- Knowledge of Publix policies and procedures
- Ability to be flexible in dealing simultaneously with a variety of situations and assignments
- Ability and willingness to travel, including overnight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with associates at various levels within the organization
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Loss Prevention/Safety from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Visit our website for additional applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.