Our Retail Staffing Specialists are researchers, strategy builders, company ambassadors and data analysts. Their overall goal is to increase the quality and quantity of applicants to our stores, particularly for hard-to-fill positions. To achieve that goal, they take these steps:
- Study staffing trends to determine the recruiting strategies most likely to attract applicants with the skills and values we need.
- Design recruiting campaigns that take advantage of that knowledge.
- Build relationships with organizations, individuals and vendors that can help Publix implement those strategies.
- Collect and analyze data from many sources to determine which recruiting strategies worked best and which ones need to be adjusted or abandoned.
Our Retail Staffing Specialists also serve as consultants to Regional Directors, District Managers and Store Managers. And they help the company design training for that group on strategic and tactical methods for staffing our stores. Each Retail Staffing Specialist works with 200-300 stores.
Qualifications we look for
- Experience recruiting hourly associates, particularly in the retail industry
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, from unskilled applicants to senior managers in the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience making public presentations, facilitating training and creating formal reports
- Knowledge of employment law and related HR subjects
- Ability to communicate in Spanish as well as in English
- Experience coordinating large projects
- Ability to conduct systematic analysis of large amounts of data to identify key variables and relevant findings
- Ability to translate those findings into concise explanations for people not familiar with the information
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel and some experience with Microsoft Access
- Ability to effectively juggle numerous assignments at one time
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently and work variable hours
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including self awareness, self-confidence, conflict management, active listening and consensus building
How to apply
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Human Resources from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.