Policies & Procedures Specialist
The Policies and Procedures Specialist is part writer, part editor and part publisher. The Specialist's official role is helping Publix develop and publish Human Resources policies for all of our business units — stores, corporate offices, distribution centers and manufacturing plants.
Without this Specialist, our company policies wouldn't be as clear, as consistent or as well-publicized. The Policies and Procedures Specialist works with our business units to develop policies and procedures and publish them in an appropriate place — from our associate handbook to our managers' reference library. And the Specialist oversees the process of updating all of these policies and procedures and the publications where they appear.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business, Human Resources; Master's Degree preferred
- Work experience with Publix
- Work experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of Human Resources functions, processes, policies, procedures, and practices to ensure that new policies, changes to policies, and maintenance of policies are consistent with each other and the company
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity Laws, Child Labor Laws, Federal and State posting requirements to ensure that new policies and procedures do not violate any existing laws
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer applications to perform daily tasks working with electronic documents (e.g., reviewing documents, updating documents)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and especially in writing, with associates in all levels of the company
- Project management skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Human Resources from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.