Our Manufacturing Accountant provides financial accounting and analytical support to Publix's Fresh Foods manufacturing operations.
The Manufacturing Accountant coordinates, directs and controls all of the financial functions of the Fresh Foods departments. This includes developing and managing the accounting processes and procedures related to all manufacturing transactions for:
- processing and
- shipping products.
The Accountant implements the appropriate internal controls necessary to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) measures. Critical to inventory valuation and transferring pricing to the stores, the Accountant coordinates the development of a three-year plan and annual operating budgets. Performed for manufacturing operations, this includes items such as forecasts for volumes, ingredients, packaging, labor and overhead costs. The Accountant also reviews all ingredient and packaging price changes from Manufacturing Supply Purchasing, Retail Business Units, key general ledger costs of goods sold and overhead accounts. To ensure that new products are accurately valued, the Accountant assists the product development and production departments with establishing costs.
The Accountant also assists the Senior Controller and the manufacturing executive management team with forecasting, communicating, and leading the effort to obtain the targeted return on investment for the Fresh Foods operations. Furthermore, the Accountant coordinates and performs monthly, quarterly and annual budget financial consolidations. This includes creating all manufacturing interplant journal entries needed to properly record the movement of products between the plants. Also for use in creating manufacturing financials, the Accountant gathers all SAP-based data, reconciles it to financial reports, and publishes a Manufacturing Bluebook which is referred to by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or another analytical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Relevant business experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, general business practices and financial statements
- Knowledge of distribution, manufacturing and other support department functions and environments
- Knowledge of major Publix technology systems and the inter-relationships of those systems
- Knowledge of Publix policies and guidelines
- Ability to use advanced functions of SAP and Microsoft (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to balance work across multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize workload and tasks by assessing needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Finance from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.