We're proud to have been selected as one of Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 25 years in a row.
Business Analyst – Risk Management
The Business Analysts for Risk Management provide reporting, financial advisory services, and performance measurement tools which are crucial to enabling Publix's business units to make the best business decisions.
The Risk Management Business Analysts provide financial accounting and analysis for areas such as insurance (building, personal property and transportation), workers' compensation, and general liability. The Business Analysts document internal controls and accounting procedures and prepare monthly workers' compensation and general liability journal entries. They also prepare and distribute reports pertaining to workers' compensation and an analysis of claims cost and frequency. These reports are used by management to determine if appropriate steps are being taken to reduce claims and costs. In order to report claims properly, the Business Analysts prepare financial reports and allocate the balance of workers' compensation expense to the appropriate retail location. The Business Analysts also respond to ad hoc requests for financial information. This includes reports on claims data, property insurance renewals and monthly reconciliation schedules of daily wire transfers.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or another analytical discipline from an accredited college or university or other relevant work experience
- Knowledge of advanced spreadsheets, databases and query tools
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources and compile it into a user-friendly format, ensuring it meets customer needs
- Ability to develop new reporting based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs
- Ability to develop recommendations and implement solutions based on financial and other project data
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability to absorb and retain information readily, prioritize tasks to meet fluctuating demands, and work under deadline constraints
- Ability to be flexible, energetic, highly productive and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to facilitate improvement efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Finance from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.