Business Analyst – Information Technology
The Business Analysts for Information Technology provide reporting, financial advisory services, and performance measurement tools which are crucial to enabling Publix's business units to make the best business decisions.
The Information Technology (IT) Business Analysts provide monthly and quarterly financial accounting for transactions and internal accounting procedures pertaining to the IT Department. They prepare schedules and enter journal entries into SAP. They also provide detailed comparisons of the general ledger accounts between SAP, infrastructure management programs and internal databases. Furthermore, they analyze actual results compared to the budget and provide explanations for variances of all IT cost centers.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or another analytical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of advanced spreadsheets, databases and query tools
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources and compile it into a user-friendly format, ensuring it meets customer needs
- Ability to develop new reporting based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs
- Ability to develop recommendations and implement solutions based on financial and other project data
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability to absorb and retain information readily, prioritize tasks to meet fluctuating demands, and work under deadline constraints
- Ability to be flexible, energetic, highly productive and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to facilitate improvement efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Finance from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.