Facilities Services Equipment Technician
Whether repairing the electrical components of ovens or checking gas lines, Facilities Services Equipment Technicians keep the production equipment in the store bakery, deli and produce departments working properly.
Facilities Services Equipment Technicians support our retail stores by performing repairs and preventative maintenance of production equipment in the Bakery, Produce and Meat departments. They perform this preventative maintenance by visiting stores on a scheduled basis and assessing equipment to prevent failures that may cause a loss of production time. Equipment Technicians also participate in walk-through inspections with construction supervisors in new and remodeled stores to make sure all equipment is working properly.
- Degree in electrical motor control repairs from an Industrial Mechanical Trade school Experience working on equipment with electrical/mechanical problem solving abilities
- Experience with mechanical skills
- Certification to perform work on gas lines
- Time management skills
- Knowledge in Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical/electrical problems
- Oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
Please go to the Publix Jobs Center to begin searching our openings. Click the appropriate link to view openings for Publix associates and non-associates. Click Search Openings and narrow your search by selecting Facilities from the Job Category list.
You will receive follow-up communication once you're determined to be qualified and eligible for the job. The communication will inform you of additional information that is needed and/or assessments that need to be completed. Once that is done, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration. If your skills, experience, and qualifications look like a good match to the requirements of the position, you will be contacted.
Want additional tips on landing your dream job? Take a look at our applicant resources.
Having a match to this job does not guarantee that you will be hired into this job if and when it becomes available on our Publix Jobs Center.