We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Seafood Clerks must be a master of quality and attention to detail, as well as a cheerful face for customers who visit our Seafood department.
A Seafood Clerk’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Cutting and preparing seafood for sale
- Dynamically selling product by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Operating scale
- Assisting in ordering the proper amount of product for the Seafood department
- Maintaining, filling and rotating product and displaying it properly
- Maintaining Publix’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Selecting and wrapping product at customer’s request
- Cleaning scales and cutting areas
- Assisting in the set-up of demonstrations
- Assisting in other duties as assigned
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- Ability to read, write and do simple math problems
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- A passion for serving people
A Seafood Clerk's duties are performed primarily in the Seafood department. Work includes walking and standing, lifting and carrying product, and eye-hand coordination. The work also includes using knives, along with frequently interacting with customers and associates.
Apply now on our online Talent Application Gateway.