We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Meat Cutter Apprentice (or Trainee)
Attention to detail is particularly important for Meat Cutter Apprentices (or Trainees) because Publix has high standards of food safety, associate safety, and product quality. They are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. This training position prepares them for Publix's Meat Cutter position.
A Meat Cutter Apprentice's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Cutting and preparing meat
- Obtaining additional skills to increase proficiency
- Dynamically selling product by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Helping to verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks
- Maintaining, filling and rotating product in meat cases
- Moving meat from coolers to cutting area and returning meat to coolers
- Maintaining Publix's high standards for product guidelines in sanitation, freshness, trim and cutting
- Cleaning equipment
- Assisting in other duties as assigned
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- Previous experience at Publix
- A passion for serving people
A Meat Cutter Apprentice's duties are performed primarily in the cutting room with the temperature ranging from 40 to 50 degrees at all times. Work includes lifting and carrying product weighing up to 110 pounds, repetitive arm and hand movements, eye-hand coordination, substantial hand strength, and standing in place for long periods of time. This includes safely operating tools and Meat department equipment, along with interacting with customers and associates.
Apply now on our online Talent Application Gateway.