We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Publix Meat Cutters—also known as butchers—cut a wide variety of meats according to company policy and customer preference. Attention to detail is particularly important for Meat Cutters because Publix has high standards for product safety, food safety, and associate safety. Our Meat Cutters are devoted to providing the best customer service and the highest quality product possible. It’s not unusual for one of our Meat Cutters to share a recipe, recommend the best way to prepare a cut of meat, or offer to split a package so that the customer can take home the exact quantity that they want.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Cuts and prepares all varieties and cuts of meat while operating tools safely.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Helps to verify and unload meat deliveries from trucks.
- Maintains, fills, and rotates product in meat cases.
- Moves meat from coolers to cutting area and returns cut meat to coolers.
- Trains other associates as needed.
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for product guidelines in sanitation, freshness, trimming, and cutting.
- Cleans equipment.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Experience as a Publix Meat Cutter Apprentice or equivalent work experience outside of Publix.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and perform simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Previous experience at Publix.
- A passion for serving people.
Meat Cutters perform their duties primarily in the cutting room, where the temperature ranges from 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit at all times. Work involves lifting and carrying product weighing up to 110 pounds, repetitive arm and hand movements, eye-hand coordination, substantial hand strength, and standing in place for long periods of time.
Apply now on our online Talent Application Gateway.