A Meat Clerk's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Ordering the proper amount of product for lunch meat and cheese cases
- Filling lunch meat and cheese cases
- Rotating product within date and properly displaying it in refrigerated cases
- Dynamically selling product by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Verifying ad prices, hanging current sale sign and removing out-of-date sale signs
- Performing routine price changes on lunch meat and cheese products
- Cleaning section, and sweeping and mopping sales area and stock room
- Setting up displays
- Fulfilling sanitation and safety guidelines
- Operating pallet jack, scissor lift, baler and compactor
- Assisting in other duties as assigned
Qualifications we look for
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- Ability to read, write and do simple math problems
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
Preferred: The preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Able to work well with others as a team member
- Previous experience at Publix
- A passion for serving people
A Meat Clerk's duties are performed primarily in the meat coolers and at the lunch meat and cheese case. A Meat Clerk is exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work includes walking, lifting, moving, carrying and shelving product, along with interacting with customers and associates, truck drivers and vendors.
How to apply
To apply for a retail position at Publix, please complete an application using our Job Application Center, an automated kiosk located in the front of each store. A completed Publix application is required to be considered for employment.
After you complete the application, you can notify the Store Manager of your interest in a career with Publix. You can tell the manager that you have a current application and provide any details about your skills and experience. He or she can let you know if there are any current job openings in their store or other local Publix stores.
When an application is processed through the Job Application Center, other stores in the area may also view it. For more information about stores in your area, use our Store Locator.