We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Meals Clerk (or Demonstrator)
On stage and in the kitchen, our Meals Clerks (or Demonstrators) are champions of the Publix brand, our products, and our delicious Aprons recipes. They educate customers on how to prepare simple, chef-inspired meals while demonstrating the steps with a smile, then offer up delightful samples.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Performs all cooking and product presentations according to information from the RBU.
- Gathers meal ingredients and supplies from designated storage areas.
- Maintains product and displays at meals center.
- Opens and closes the Meals Center.
- Reviews sales results for each event with the Meals Specialist and/or Store Manager.
- Follows sanitation and safety guidelines provided by Publix.
- Reviews all event information published by the Meals Retail Business Unit (RBU).
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Have effective communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Meals Clerks perform their duties primarily in the sales area of the store. Work involves walking, standing, lifting product, using knives and other cooking equipment, and cleaning with Publix-approved chemicals. The position requires frequent interaction with customers, management, and fellow associates.
Apply now on our online Talent Application Gateway.