We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Teamwork is the key to success for these entry-level Deli associates. They create sandwich masterpieces, prepare platters, stock Grab & Go cases, and more, all while working together to take orders accurately, prepare them quickly, and provide premier customer service with a smile.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for freshness and sanitation.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Fills, maintains, and rotates products and displays.
- Prepares special orders and party trays.
- Operates cash registers, meat and cheese slicers, oven, fryer, microwave, cutting tools, scale, and other Deli equipment.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Food preparation experience.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Deli Clerks perform their duties primarily in the Deli department. Work involves walking, standing for prolonged periods, and lifting products weighing up to 50 pounds. Duties also include frequent interaction with customers and fellow associates.
Apply now on our online Talent Application Gateway.