A Baker Apprentice's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Dynamically selling products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Reading and understanding recipes
- Preparing baked goods
- Operating bakery equipment
- Maintaining Publix's high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Training other associates as needed
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
Qualifications we look for
Required: The required qualifications are as follows:
18 years of age or older
Able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
Able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
Preferred: The preferred qualifications are as follows:
Able to work well with others as a team member
Previous experience at Publix
A passion for serving people
A Baker Apprentice's duties are performed primarily in the Bakery department. A Baker Apprentice may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work includes walking, standing, lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds, eye-hand coordination and interaction with customers and associates.
How to apply
To apply for a retail position at Publix, please complete an application using our Job Application Center, an automated kiosk located in the front of each store. A completed Publix application is required to be considered for employment.
After you complete the application, you can notify the Store Manager of your interest in a career with Publix. You can tell the manager that you have a current application and provide any details about your skills and experience. He or she can let you know if there are any current job openings in their store or other local Publix stores.
When an application is processed through the Job Application Center, other stores in the area may also view it. For more information about stores in your area, use our Store Locator.