We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Our professional Bakers take pride in their work. They are devoted to providing the most delicious baked products possible, and attaching a smile to every customer interaction.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Prepares baked goods using written recipes.
- Loads and unloads large baking ovens and operates other Bakery equipment.
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation.
- Trains other associates as needed.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Experience as a Publix Baker Apprentice or equivalent work experience outside of Publix.
- Knowledge of baking.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with others as a team member.
- Previous experience working at Publix.
- A passion for serving people.
Bakers perform their duties primarily in the Bakery department. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work involves walking, standing, lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds, eye-hand coordination, and interaction with customers and fellow associates.
Apply now on our online Talent Application Gateway.