We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
A career as a Publix Pharmacy Technician goes beyond simply dispensing medications—our technicians play a key role in our patients’ overall health and well-being. Here, they receive paid on-the-job training to grow their skills by supporting valuable services such as immunizations, health screenings, and medication therapy management for the people in their communities.
Publix is the place to make a career out of caring. We provide the tools, technology, and training necessary for our technicians to engage with customers and provide premier service. The extra attention and personal interaction is why patients choose the Publix Pharmacy.
Advantages of Joining Our Team
- A career in a patient-centered healthcare environment
- Opportunities for advancement into our specialty pharmacy, central pharmacy, retail pharmacies, outpatient hospital pharmacies, and corporate positions
- State-of-the-art pharmacy system
- Charitable, community-focused culture
- Unparalleled growth and stability
- Ownership in the largest employee-owned supermarket in the nation
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
- Paid on-the-job training
- Premium pay for nationally certified technicians
- Annual holiday bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free continuing education
- Seven holidays off
- Group health, vision, and dental insurance plans
- Stock purchase plan
- Stock ownership/retirement plan
- Greet customers and respond to questions and requests for information.
- Order and receive prescription drugs and supplies.
- Initiate refill requests.
- Ensure that product is rotated, within date, and properly displayed.
- Count and label prescription drugs and supplies.
- Generate third-party billing in print and electronic formats and reconcile weekly.
- Properly dispose of outdated, discontinued, and/or unsaleable merchandise.
- Keep records using computerized and hard copy systems.
- Reconcile insurance discrepancies.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the above duties are completed in compliance with Publix policy and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Satisfaction of requirements for an active pharmacy technician registration or license, as required by the pharmacy board in the current state of operation.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read and do simple math problems.
- Ability to enter data in a computer accurately.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Previous experience at Publix.
- A passion for helping people.
If you are seeking a career as a Publix Pharmacy Technician, see our Critical Openings to determine whether a store within your preferred area is hiring for a Pharmacy Technician.
When you find an open position for which you would like to apply, visit our online Talent Acquisition Gateway. Your application will remain active for 30 days. If you are not contacted by the time the application becomes inactive, you must update it in order to be considered for any new openings.