Publix Stockholder Online FAQ
What types of stock accounts can I view on Publix Stockholder Online?
You can access all stock accounts on Publix Stockholder Online except for IRA and Publix 401(k) SMART Plan accounts.
Can I send messages to Publix through Publix Stockholder Online?
Not at this time.
How do I manage my IRA or Publix 401(k) SMART Plan account?
- IRA account: You should work with your IRA custodian.
- Publix 401(k) SMART Plan account: If you invest in Publix stock through your SMART Plan account, visit the plan's website through publix.org or mobile app, or call the Information Line at 1-888-401k-PLN (1-888-401-5756). Customer service associates are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Eastern time, except on stock market holidays.
How do I manage my Publix PROFIT Plan account?
You can manage your PROFIT Plan dividend payment preference (if you want to use an account other than your primary account as shown in PASSport), manage online document delivery preferences and view tax documents in Publix Stockholder Online. For other PROFIT Plan account needs, contact the Publix retirement department.
Who is eligible to register for a Publix Stockholder Online account?
If you’re a current Publix associate, if you no longer work for Publix but have a PROFIT Plan account or if you’re a stockholder with a Publix stock account, you’re eligible to register for a Publix Stockholder Online account.
Now that my stock account information is online, how is Publix protecting my information?
Protecting stockholder data is a top priority for Publix. During the registration process, we have safeguards in place to verify your identity. You'll be prompted to create your Publix Stockholder Online account with a user ID and password and choose your preferred security verification method — text or voice call — to log in to your Publix Stockholder Online account. You will also receive notification of changes made to your online account, asking you to contact us if you did not request the change.
As with any online account involving financial or personal information, it’s critical you take steps to ensure the security of your stock account and personal information to reduce the risk of fraud and loss. If you create a Publix Stockholder Online account or elect to be communicated with by email, you should consider the following, among other things:
- using a strong and unique password for your online account such as
- using letters, numbers and special characters
- avoiding common or easy-to-guess words and letters and numbers in a sequence
- changing your password regularly
- not using repeated or reused passwords from other online accounts or sites
- monitoring your Plan information, including your online account, and Plan account correspondence for transactions you did not authorize
- keeping your contact information and communication preferences up to-date to ensure that you receive all Plan notices
- being careful when using free Wi-Fi networks that impose security risks and
- being vigilant to the risk of phishing attacks that might attempt to trick you into sharing your password, account number or other sensitive information.
Who can view my stock account on Publix Stockholder Online?
- Joint account. Joint stockholders can see the account, but only stockholders with an authorization on file can update account information.
- Custodial account. The minor cannot see the account information; only the custodian can see it. However, if the minor is a current Publix associate who is eligible to purchase stock, they can complete a Stock Purchase Agreement to purchase stock into the account.
- Transfer on Death (TOD). A person listed as a beneficiary or TOD on an account cannot see it.
- Corporation account. The authorized representative can see the account.
- Estate account. The personal representative can see the account.
- Guardianship account. The stockholder cannot see the account; only the guardian can see it.
- Partnership account. The general partner can see the account.
- Trust account. The beneficiary(ies) of the trust cannot see the account; only the trustee(s) can see it.
Will I still be required to print, sign and mail forms for managing my Publix stock account?
For some account changes, yes. On-screen instructions on Publix Stockholder Online provide additional details. Due to legal requirements that prevent us from accepting digital signatures, we often require the printed form with your original signature and date. If you’re selling or transferring Publix stock, a medallion signature guarantee from a qualified financial institution must accompany the signature of all stockholders registered on the account, excluding a TOD beneficiary.
If the value of the sale or transfer is less than $10,000, you can provide copies of government-issued IDs for all stockholders registered on the account instead of a medallion signature guarantee. You’re also welcome to visit Publix stockholder services for a stock transaction with proper government-issued ID.
What is a medallion signature guarantee?
A medallion signature guarantee is a guarantee by your financial institution that the signature(s) is genuine. It protects stockholders by helping to prevent unauthorized transactions. Contact your financial institution or brokerage firm for information regarding medallion signature guarantee services.
Why am I required to receive a text message or phone call before accessing my Publix Stockholder Online account?
This added layer of security helps us protect your online account from fraudulent activity.
Who do I contact if I need help registering or logging in to my Publix Stockholder Online account?
Contact Publix customer care.
Who do I contact if I suspect fraudulent activity on my account?
Contact Publix customer care.