Publix Collects Funds for American Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts for Southern Tornados and Floods
ATLANTA, Ga., March 6, 2019 — Today, Publix Super Markets established a program to offer its customers and associates a way to help people affected by tornados and floods in the South.
Customers may donate any amount by adding it to their grocery totals when checking out at Publix registers in certain stores. Collected money will enable the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from these disasters.
The following stores are participating in the register program.
- Bradley Park Square, 1639 Bradley Park Dr.
- Milgen Plaza, 5435 Woodruff Farm Rd.
- Parkway Centre, 7600 Schomburg Rd.
- Cross Country Plaza, 3201 Macon Rd.
- LaGrange Plaza, 139 Commerce Ave.
Phenix City, Alabama
- Phenix Crossing, 5408 Summerville Rd.
- Hamilton Place, 2415 Moores Mill Rd.
- The Shoppes at Cary Creek, 2900 E. University Dr.
“Our customers and associates have expressed interest in helping those impacted by the devastation left by the storms,” said Brenda Reid, Publix manager of media and community relations. “As a community partner and respected business in the area, we know it’s our responsibility to react quickly and help those affected by the tragic circumstances.”