We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Sanitation Operators ensure that production equipment at Publix manufacturing facilities is clean and ready for use.
- Assembles and disassembles production equipment for cleaning.
- Ensures that cleaning chemicals for equipment are used and disposed of safely.
- Ensures that USDA and Publix standards are maintained while cleaning production equipment such as injector and flume systems.
- Ensures that no damage is done to electrical wiring and control panels during cleaning.
- Cleans environmental locations beyond production equipment.
- Operates floor scrubbers.
- At least 18 years of age.
- General knowledge of machine operation.
- Ability to use industrial-strength chemicals.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate all lock out/tag out procedures.
- Ability to push or pull heavy equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Ability to demonstrate safe working habits.
- Ability to work in a wet and slippery environment with temperatures ranging from 40 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work any shift, including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Ability to assist team members in other areas.
- Ability to perform steady, productive work for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work efficiently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.
We work closely with employment agencies to hire temporary associates for several entry-level positions in our manufacturing facilities. We work with Adecco for our Lakeland facilities, and Randstad in Atlanta. Feel free to visit their sites to learn more about applying for a temporary position. As a temporary hire, you could eventually be eligible for full-time employment if a position is available.