Our Quality Control (QC) Manager is responsible for establishing and managing quality plans and procedures. This includes developing standard operating procedures for specific work processes in Printing Services and providing an audit system to ensure associates are in compliance with operating procedures. Furthermore, the QC Manager develops tools and techniques to eliminate problems including overproduction, delays, non-value-added processing, excess inventory, defects, and underutilized associates. The QC Manager also works to deliver quality checks required at various stages of production such as color approvals, correct pagination for impositions and signatures, and proper trimming and folds.
The QC Manager establishes various orientations, quality audits and training curricula, such as the introduction and education of newly hired associates to the graphic arts quality processes performed within the Print Shop. He or she also selects and trains a Quality Leader Team, which is a group of associates who work to promote a culture of learning, quality, and continuous improvement. The QC Manager's goal is to develop Publix Printing Services associates who consistently produce quality products and services.
Furthermore, the Quality Control Manager is responsible for:
- managing and/or participating on project teams to provide quality control expertise to projects and initiatives
- establishing quality testing, audits, material evaluations, and defects analysis to ensure that only quality materials are used in the production of print shop products and
- leading the development of shrink reduction programs.
Qualifications we look for
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in a graphic arts related field
- Experience in a printing production environment using a graphic arts management information system
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification
- Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence certification (CMQ/OE)
- Knowledge of graphic arts including art creation, graphic arts design, prepress, ink, and substrate specifications
- Knowledge of the following distinct printing processes: flexography, offset/lithography, xerography, digital, letterpress, screen, binding, and finishing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Monarch MIS (a graphic arts MIS system), PowerDocs (job history archival), Media Bank, and Visio Professional
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work a variable schedule (nights, weekends) whenever required to help facilitate the production quality of major projects
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How to Apply
Publix frequently promotes and/or transfers associates to fill positions from within, but opportunities may arise for outside candidates.
Interested in this position? Try our Job Matching tool to see if you may be a match.*
Publix works closely with employment agencies in our operating areas to hire temporary associates for entry level positions throughout our manufacturing facilities. Adecco provides support primarily for our Lakeland facilities and Randstad provides support primarily for our Atlanta facilities. Please visit these sites to learn more about applying for a temporary position. Temporary associates may be eligible to apply for full-time positions, if available.
If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted by email to set up an interview, and possibly further testing depending on the position.
After you've applied, visit our Applicant Resources section for helpful interview tips and more.
*Please note that having a match through our Job Matching tool does not guarantee you will be contacted when a position becomes available.