We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Manufacturing Production Planner
Manufacturing Production Planners optimize warehouse space and production line resources to ensure that Publix satisfies customer demand for a wide variety of Bakery, dairy, and Deli selections.
- Creates schedules for the production lines in Publix manufacturing plants, considering many factors such as equipment specifications, product allergens, and raw material availability.
- Decides how much inventory to keep on hand to limit changeovers and sanitation cleanings in the production areas.
- Participates in weekly meetings with plant production managers and the Manufacturing Production Manager to identify opportunities.
- Forecasts how much product should be made to fulfill weekly demand from stores by analyzing trends and considering such factors as store promotions, price reductions, seasonal demands, holidays, and weather events such as hurricanes.
- Uses SAP to view material movements, quantities on order, and current balance on hand.
- Uses SAP to create daily stock transport orders to ship materials between manufacturing plants and warehouses.
- Creates orders to receive Publix-manufactured product into Publix warehouses and plants.
- Provides support for special projects within the department by completing assignments, performing vendor review surveys, and providing historical records and future projections of material movements using SAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field.
- Experience in manufacturing, production management, logistics planning, or supporting Publix’s manufacturing production planning process.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Computer software skills, including Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Knowledge of SAP forecasting, planning, production scheduling, and shipping functionality and processes.
- Knowledge of the master data that drives forecasting, planning, production scheduling, and shipping functionality in SAP.
- Knowledge of forecasting and planning principles.
- Knowledge of inventory management principles.
- Knowledge of production scheduling principles.
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistical data analysis.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.
We work closely with employment agencies to hire temporary associates for several entry-level positions in our manufacturing facilities. We work with Adecco for our Lakeland facilities, and Randstad in Atlanta. Feel free to visit their sites to learn more about applying for a temporary position. As a temporary hire, you could eventually be eligible for full-time employment if a position is available.