Industrial Engineers provide support to improve the day-to-day operational efficiency of our Manufacturing facilities. They analyze results of current manufacturing processes to determine which are candidates for improvement. Industrial Engineers develop the production process requirements, which include developing production standards during setup, changeovers, and throughput, or the amount of time it takes for the product to complete the manufacturing process. Next, they determine the optimal workflow to achieve an efficient, cost effective process between the food product, the manufacturing equipment used, and the Publix associate performing the task. The Industrial Engineers implement the new best practice, making sure to document and standardize it into current Manufacturing processes.
Other responsibilities of the Industrial Engineers include:
- providing business guidance and industrial engineering expertise to various manufacturing plant managers
- providing industrial engineering expertise to project teams and
- troubleshooting complex process problems.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Experience working in a manufacturing industrial engineering environment
- Knowledge of food processing equipment and automation systems for the improvement designs in Industrial Engineer projects
- Knowledge of statistics to be able to analyze historical sales and production data
- Knowledge of ergonomics to be able to analyze worker-environmental interactions
- Knowledge of time study methods and analysis to be able to establish production standards
- Knowledge of process flow analysis methods to be able to determine effective material and process flow for ease of Manufacturing
- Knowledge of linear systems and operations research methods to be able to determine optimal usage of assets
- Interpersonal skills needed to interact with all levels of the organization in both formal and informal situations
- Communication skills (oral and written) needed to provide support Manufacturing facilities and document procedural changes in an effective manner
- Analytical skills needed to conduct data analysis. This includes the ability to manipulate data and develop detailed models through the use of Microsoft Access and Excel. This also includes the ability to analyze and report on a detailed level
- Project management skills needed to prioritize tasks and routinely meet project deadlines
- Presentation skills needed to prepare and present fact-based data to many different levels of management
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How to apply
For Manufacturing positions, other than entry level, please go to the Publix Jobs Center to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Manufacturing within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
For entry level Manufacturing positions, please refer to the employment agency, Adecco. Go to www.adeccousa.com and click "Apply Now" in the top right hand corner to load your resume. You may indicated that you would prefer to be assigned to Industrial and Manufacturing type positions with Publix Super Markets, Inc. After working at least 90 days as a temporary associate you may be eligible to apply for a full time position, if available.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in
- Lakeland at (863) 688-7407, ext. 32504 or
- Atlanta at (770) 995-0073, ext. 2153.