We're proud to have been selected as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 23 years in a row.
Bakery Production Worker
These associates bake and package products, and palletize these products for delivery. Their roles are critical to ensuring that our Bakery is stocked with the products customers love.
- Packages Bakery goods such as cookies, muffins, brownies, and pastries.
- Stacks items on pallets so they can be loaded into trucks for delivery to Publix stores.
- Operates various machines to mix and bake products.
- Cleans equipment in accordance with good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to obtain a forklift license and to operate a forklift.
- General knowledge of machine operation.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to occasionally push or pull heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in accordance with good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Ability to demonstrate safe working habits.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work any shift, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Ability to perform steady and productive work for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work efficiently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to work with others and be an effective team member.
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
Do any of these positions sound right for you? Check out our current openings and search for the job or department that you’re interested in. After you apply, head to our applicant resources page for additional tips on landing your dream job at Publix.
If the position you’re searching for isn’t open yet, give our Job Match tool a try! You might be surprised what other opportunities match your skills and interests.
We work closely with employment agencies to hire temporary associates for several entry-level positions in our manufacturing facilities. We work with Adecco for our Lakeland facilities, and Randstad in Atlanta. Feel free to visit their sites to learn more about applying for a temporary position. As a temporary hire, you could eventually be eligible for full-time employment if a position is available.